This course for beginner baristas covers all the contents that are assessed in the Specialty Coffee Association's Foundation certificate, but does not include the tests corresponding to this qualification (the Exam+Certificate SCA - Foundation must be added to the purchase price).
It is designed for anyone interested in starting a career as a barista or for those who already have experience but want to start a more professional and regulated training.
The course lasts one day, 7 hours, and includes theoretical and sensory content on the origin of coffee and its most important characteristics (species, roasting, tasting); and practical content on espresso extraction, grinder regulation, steaming, latte-art, cleaning and maintenance. The course provides all the tools/knowledge necessary for a person who has never touched coffee to be able to defend themselves in a coffee shop and start their career as a barista.
The course is held in the city centre of Madrid, at Hola Coffee Academy (Link in Maps). We attach great importance to quality and personal attention in the training, so the maximum number of participants is 4 people.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Course prices reflect the following:
- The quality of the training received based on years of experience in the coffee and educational sector.
- The preparation of the class.
- The quality of the equipment and materials used, as well as the consumables (speciality coffee).
- Very small groups.
- The continuous training of the teachers in courses, congresses, forums, etc.
** Cancellation policy:
When you purchase a place on a course, you will receive an email confirming your place and we will start preparing the class. On the other hand, the number of places available to the public will be reduced by the number of places you have contracted and if the course is full it will no longer be available for purchase. Whilst we understand the unforeseen circumstances caused by illness or accident, our refund policy will reflect the costs incurred in setting up that class and the fact that the place has not been available to another purchaser.
- A full refund will be given if the course is cancelled at least 21 days before the course is due to take place. The student may also be offered another available date if he/she prefers a refund.
- A cancellation fee of 50% will be charged if the course is cancelled between 21 days and 48 hours before the course takes place.
- No refund will be given and no alternative date will be offered if the student does not attend the course or cancels with less than 48 hours notice.
Disclaimer: All courses are taught in Spanish, if you'd like to assist to a course in English, please let us know at email@example.com and we'll try to accomodate you.