This course for PROFESSIONAL baristas covers all the contents that are assessed in the Professional certificate of the Specialty Coffee Association, but does not include the tests corresponding to this qualification (the Exam+Certificate SCA Professional must be added to the purchase price).
Obtaining this certificate will allow you to access the course to become an Authorised SCA Trainer.
It is designed for baristas who have been working in the speciality coffee sector for a long time, have certified their skills and knowledge at an intermediate level and want to reach the highest level, which is the one that this course and diploma will give you. It is necessary to have a wide knowledge about the products (coffee, milk, water...), the machinery, the technique and the management of a coffee shop.
You will work and study more technical and more demanding subjects than in the other levels. Among them, the treatment of an extraction depending on the bean (origin, varietal, process, roasting), the variables that affect this extraction as well as its analysis, measurement and how all this translates into flavour; the analysis of water and how it will affect us when making coffee; we will work on the machinery, learning to identify and change parts; we will analyse milk and coffee from a chemical point of view and how these elements translate into flavour; etc. Another important section is the work on the machine, where you will be required to be professionally competent and agile, as well as to produce impeccable latte art. Finally, topics related to the running of a coffee shop will be studied, both in terms of service efficiency and business management.
It takes place over THREE DAYS, the first two from 10 am to 6 pm and the third from 10 am to 2 pm. In the afternoon of the third day there is an exam for those who have chosen the option of obtaining the SCA certificate.
The course takes place in the city centre of Madrid, at Hola Coffee Academy (Link in Maps). We attach great importance to quality and personalised attention in the training, so the maximum number of participants is 3 people.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
* Course prices reflect the following:
- The quality of the training received based on years of experience in the coffee and educational sector.
- The preparation of the class.
- The quality of the equipment and materials used, as well as the consumables (speciality coffee).
- Very small groups.
- The continuous training of the teachers in courses, congresses, forums, etc.
** Cancellation policy:
When you purchase a place on a course, you will receive an email confirming your place and we will start preparing the class. On the other hand, the number of places available to the public will be reduced by the number of places you have contracted and if the course is full it will no longer be available for purchase. Whilst we understand the unforeseen circumstances caused by illness or accident, our refund policy will reflect the costs incurred in setting up that class and the fact that the place has not been available to another purchaser.
- A full refund will be given if the course is cancelled at least 21 days before the course is due to take place. The student may also be offered another available date if he/she prefers a refund.
- A cancellation fee of 50% will be charged if the course is cancelled between 21 days and 48 hours before the course takes place.
- No refund will be given and no alternative date will be offered if the student does not attend the course or cancels with less than 48 hours notice.
Disclaimer: All courses are taught in Spanish, if you'd like to assist to a course in English, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to accomodate you.